By: Laura Steiner
Ontario will invest approximately $7 million in a Reconnect Festival and Event program. The announcement was made by Minister of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries Lisa McLeod.
“The COVID-19 outbreak has had an unprecedented, devastating impact on arts, tourism and culture in the province- our sectors were hit first, hit hardest, and will take the longest to recover,” McLeod said. The initiative is designed to help municipalities and organizations deliver programming, and experiences throughout COVID19.
The 2020 recipients include:
- The Royal Agricultural Virtual Experience: Spring Edition, a virtual and live event showcasing the best in Canadian agriculture, food and equine sport
- Field Trip Life Launch, live and virtual performances to launch the return of the Field Trip and FieldTripLife.com festival
- Lights On Stratford, a winter lights festival illuminating heritage buildings, theatres, parks and storefronts in Stratford
- Hot Docs Podcast Festival, an online ticketed event showcasing popular podcasters
- Haunted Walk “Bubble Tours,” which include adapted in-person and digital ghost tours in Ottawa.
- The Pumpkins After Dark festival in Milton
Applications for the 2021 program will open March 17,2021. For more information visit the website.