The Town of Milton is reopening select facilities and services. Milton Town Council has endorsed a staff recommendation to begin the process of reopening arenas, and splash pads.
“I’m happy we can begin to offer and safe recreational experiences for our community,” Mayor Gord Krantz said. The following facilities are being opened:
- Sherwood Community Centre will open on July 6 for ice rentals for organizations that meet provincial regulations only
- A modified camp program will be offered with a target start date of July 20. Camps will be phased based on demand and operate at FirstOntario Arts Centre Milton, Memorial Arena and the Milton Sports Centre
- These buildings will only be open for camps, with no public access
- Program and registration details will soon be available
- 14 Spray Pads will open June 26 (except Rotary Park)
- Residents are strongly encouraged to use face coverings (e.g. non-medical masks) while using Milton Transit and to continue practicing physical distancing while on transit, where possible
Staff will monitor demand in order to decide which locations will open next.