By: Laura Steiner
350 additional pharmacies will offer the AstraZeneca COVID19 vaccine in Ontario to adults over 55 years of age. Some locations will begin offering them beginning this Saturday April 3, 2021.
“Ontario’s capacity to get needles in arms continues to grow by the day,” Ontario Premier Doug Ford said. The province will also add more primary care providers to offer the vaccines in doctors’ offices in collaboration with public health units.
“With more locations coming on board, these settings will make receiving the COVID-19 vaccine easier and more convenient for eligible populations across the province,” Health Minister Christine Elliott said.
The locations include five in the Milton area:
- Campbellville Pharmacy at: 35 Crawford Crescent. Appointments can be made by phone: 905-854-0313 or through their website
- Rexall Pharmacy at: 6541 Derry Rd. Milton Ontario. Visit their website for more information
- Shoppers Drug Mart: 1020 Kennedy Circle. Visit their website for more information
- Shoppers Drugmart: 6951 Derry Road West. Appointments can be made by hone: 905-636-9064 or through their website
- Walmart Pharmacy: 1280 Steeles Ave East, Milton Ontario. Check their website for more information
The pharmacies are open to adults over the age of 55, interested in receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine. They are by appointment only.