By: Laura Steiner
The Milton Youth Task Force (MYTF) have announced the winners of their annual youth awards May 1, 2021. May 1, also marked the beginning of National Youth Week, which, runs until May 7, 2021. The Town will hold an in-person awards ceremony when it is safe to do so.
“Celebrating initiatives such as the youth awards puts a well-deserved spotlight on outstanding young people and local organizations who are driving change, leadership and creativity in Milton,” Mayor Gord Krantz said.
The winners are:
- Youth Artist of the Year – Aarav Raj (sponsored by Fine Arts Society of Milton)
- Youth Athlete of the Year – Ismail Hassan
- Champion for Youth – Youth Innovators of Milton (YIM) Canada C/O Shanza Khan
- Youth Change-Maker – Amber Siddiqui
- Youth Eco Warrior – Aditi Kansal
- Good Neighbour – Heraa Muqri (sponsored by Mattamy Homes)
- Outstanding Group of the Year – The Special Friends Network
- Community Leadership – Sheharyar Khan
The Milton Youth Awards recognize the contribution of youth ages 11-19, as well as businesses, agencies, and organizations that support youth. The Town of Milton will run online programming this year. For more information visit their website