By: Laura Steiner
Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) has introduced a QR Code as a way to access its webpage dedicated to COVID-19.
“This past year of living through COVID-19 has been unprecedented. As our understanding of how the virus is transmitted evolved, legislation, by-law and public health recommendations shifted quickly and frequently. Recognizing that it can be difficult to keep track of these changes, we believe we’ve found a way to facilitate,” Chief Stephen Tanner said.
Scanning the code will take residents to a page within the HRPS website that holds links to the following information:
- The province’s Zone and Restrictions (and public health measures associated with each zone)
- The provincial COVID-19 response framework
- The Halton Region Public Health COVID-19 webpage
- The Halton Region Public Health COVID-19 Vaccines webpage
- City of Burlington COVID-19 webpage
- Town of Halton Hills COVID-19 webpage
- Town of Milton COVID-19 webpage
- Town of Oakville COVID-19 webpage
- The phone number for the Halton Regional Police Service COVID-19 enforcement hotline
“I’m proud that our members arrived at an innovative solution that allows easy access to provincial, regional, and municipal updates relating to COVID-19 as well as the latest updates on the Regional vaccine rollout,” Tanner said.