By: Laura Steiner
Halton Region’s booking system for COVID-19 vaccine appointments is now live. Residents over the age of 80, can book their appointment at one of four vaccination clinics throughout the region.
“Our book system is now live, and taking appointments for our 80+ community,” Halton region Gary Carr said in a news release. Clinics run on an appointment-only basis through an online system Phone assistance is available by calling 311.
The clinics are located in the following locations:
- Gellert Community Centre, 10241 Eighth Line, Georgetown(external PDF)
- St. Volodymyr Cultural Centre, 1280 Dundas Street, Oakville(external PDF)
- Compass Point Bible Church, 1500 Kerns Road, Burlington(external PDF)
- FirstOntario Arts Centre Milton, 1010 Main Street East, Milton(external PDF)
- Joseph Brant Hospital 1245 Lakeshore Road, Burlington (Located inside the hospital’s Pandemic response unit, which, can be accessed through the South Tower, Main Entrance of Lakeshore Rd.
Bookings can only be made through the Halton Region. Residents are asked not to call clinic locations direct. Additional locations may be added as required.
Halton Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH) Dr. Hamidah Meghani urges caution. “While we continue to focus on vaccinations for priority populations identified by the province, please be patient and prepared to be vaccinated when it is your turn. Please make sure you are accessing accurate information on vaccine safety and effectiveness including information on our website,” Meghani said. Residents are still advised to stay inside accept for essential trips, such as grocery shopping, and medical appointments and continue wearing non-medical face coverings.