Put down the food delivery apps and level up your snack game for the next match day with this amazing avocado dip recipe – and no, it’s not guacamole.
This healthy and colourful snack combines creamy avocados from Mexico, beet hummus, fresh salmon, crunchy vegetables and a hint of jalapeño — just enough to spice things up. It’s easy to make and also for clean up.
The Ultimate 7-Layer Dip
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Serves: 6 to 8
• 3 tomatoes, diced
• ¼ jalapeño, chopped
• 2 green onions, minced
• 60 mL (¼ cup) coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
• 4 avocados from Mexico, peeled and pitted
• 1 garlic clove, chopped
• Juice of one lime
• 500 mL (2 cups) beet hummus
• 375 mL (1 ½ cups) store-bought roasted peppers, chopped
• 2 mini cucumbers, sliced into thin rounds
• 300 g (2/3 lb.) hot-smoked salmon, shredded
• Fresh chervil leaves for garnish
• Salt and pepper
• Crackers, sliced baguette and endive leaves for dipping
1. In a bowl, mix tomatoes with jalapeño, green onions and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and set aside; drain any excess liquid.
2. In another bowl, use a fork to mash avocados from Mexico with garlic and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Pour beet hummus into a bowl of approximately 1.5 litres. Add in layers: tomato mixture, guacamole, roasted peppers, sliced cucumber, cilantro and smoked salmon. Top with chervil leaves and serve with crackers, baguette bread and endives.